So this is an update on the 10×10 challenge. After taking stock earlier this year, I have concluded that I have failed due to some game issues and some general issues. But I will update each game anyway.
- Vikings Gone Wild- I have only played this once more. It is slightly too complicated with all the expansions to teach often. Still looking forward to playing it more.
- Order of the Gilded Compass- Also only played once more. The graphic design is lacking and the art is unattractive. A bit hard to get to the table.
- Vengeance- The solo variant is quite good. Played it once, but I think it will shine as a solo or two player game.
- Flatline! A Fuse Aftershock Game- The only game that was really on-track. Played about 6 times total.
- Asking for Trobils- Another game that is always overlooked at game nights. Haven’t played it at all despite constantly bringing it out.
- Seasons- Played once. Still a nice game.
- Islebound- Played a couple of times. It didn’t really seem too interesting and lacked the excitement a race game should have, so traded it away.
- Mistfall- The expansion rules cleaned up the phase order a bit and make it simpler to play through. Have finally played it enough to not need to relearn it constantly.
- Cry Havoc- The expansion was a bit disappointing. I expected the heroes to be special units. Instead, all they are is one more ability. Still enjoy it but it is being overshadowed by newer games slowly.
- Millenium Blades (for now)- All those other Kickstarters have come in. And this game is too long to play too often.
So with that, I have ended the 10×10 in failure. Maybe next year I will try again.